Buttery, Flaky, Creamy, Decadent Baked Croissant French Toast with Blueberries
A cross between Bread Pudding, Baked French Toast and a Cream Cheese Danish. It's pure heaven on a plate. Seriously, it's that amazing.
- 3 large croissants cut into large bite size pieces (approx. 5 cups)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 8 oz softened cream cheese (low fat works too)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar (for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place croissant pieces in a 9" square oven safe dish. 8x10 or 9x11 would work just as well.
Sprinkle 1 cup of blueberries all over the top
3. Beat softened cream cheese, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla with an electric mixer
4. Pour mixture evenly over the croissant pieces and blueberries and let it sit for 20 minutes
5. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until it is golden brown and the custard is set. I covered the dish with foil when there was 10 minutes left on the timer just to prevent the top from browning too much
6. Dust with confectioners sugar and serve warm
7. Try not to eat the whole pan!
Happy Cooking and Happy Styling!
Recipe adapted from: Kraft