Mini Frittatas are a healthy and deliciously stylish start to any morning. I make a batch on the weekend and warm these up throughout the week. They are perfect for adults and bambino's.
Full of protein, calcium and lots of vitamins and goodness from veggies - and they are super cute as a bonus!
Use your favorite veggies and cheeses - anything goes. Experiment with different flavors - your kids will love trying new veggies and cheeses especially when it's shaped like a cute little mini muffin.
- 4 Organic, Free Range Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheese
- 1 cup diced, cooked vegetables
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Whisk eggs and milk in a bowl
3. Add in cheese and stir
4. Finely dice 1 cup of already cooked veggies
5. Combine and add salt and pepper
6. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray
7. Fill each cup 3/4 full
8. I like to add a tiny sprinkle of cheese on top of each frittata
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes
10. Run a knife around each frittata after they come out and enjoy warm or at room temperature
These will keep in the fridge for a few days or can be frozen and thawed out when you are ready to serve. They go quickly so make a double batch today!
Vegetables: I prepare a bunch of vegetables each week and have it on hand to add into bambino's meals each day. This is a great way to use up those vegetables at the end of a week.
My favorite combinations are:
- spinach, mushrooms, onions and feta
- green pepper, onion, mushrooms and Mexican blend cheese
- cauliflower, potato, carrot and Italian blend cheese
- zucchini, spinach, mushroom and goat cheese
- for your older tots - try some pickled jalapeno's for an extra kick
**These don't bake for very long so I suggest using left over vegetables or cooking your vegetables before adding into the egg mixture.
Cheese: Add in your families favorite cheeses. Kids love to try new flavors so don't shy away from feta, goat cheese, even pepper jack.
Happy Cooking and Happy Styling! Because kids eat with their eyes first too!