Buttery, Golden Delicious, Melt in your Mouth French Toast.
This breakfast treat is dressed up by using Challah bread and flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. A whipped Nutella and Mascarpone Cream sends this dish over the top!
3/4 cup milk (I used a combination of milk and fat free half and half)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons butter
4 slices Challah Bread
1/2 cup Mascarpone Cheese
1/4 cup Nutella
Powdered Sugar for dusting
Real Maple syrup (optional)
1. In a large, shallow dish - whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg
2. Slice Challah into 1 inch thick slices
3. Soak bread in egg mixture for 60 seconds on each side
4. Melt butter in a pan on medium heat and cook slices for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown
5. Keep slices warm in a 250 degree oven while cooking the remaining pieces
6. Whisk together room temperature Mascarpone Cheese and Nutella
7. Slice and mix together assorted berries
Cut each slice of french toast in half and arrange on a plate. Add 1-2 tablespoons of Nutella on the side for dipping. Garnish with mixed berries and a dusting of powdered sugar. A little drizzle of maple syrup finishes off this decadent breakfast treat.
Serves: 4 (1 slice each)
A simple, yet elegant, deliciously stylish, French Toast.
Happy Cooking and Happy Styling!