Looking for a quick and easy recipe for your toddler? Of course you are!!! You're a busy parent and sometimes getting a nutritious meal on the table for your toddler, let alone for yourself, can be a challenge.
This cheesy vegetable bake is super simple and takes just a few minutes to prep. The good news is that everyone in the family can enjoy it, so no need to make a separate meal tonight!
This recipe comes together in 1 bowl and can be adapted to suit your families favorite vegetables and spices. It takes just a few minutes to prep meaning you may even get to relax a bit during nap time!
I prepare a bunch of vegetables at the beginning of each week and add it into my bambino's meals each day.
Some of his current favorites are:
- caramalized carrots (salt, pepper, turmeric, pinch of sugar, olive oil)
- roasted cauliflower (salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric, olive oil)
- spicy Indian green beans (salt, pepper, red pepper, mustard seeds, turmeric, asafoetida, olive oil)
- crispy potatoes and onions (salt, pepper, red pepper, olive oil)
- roasted asparagus (salt, pepper, turmeric, olive oil)
- pan fried okra (salt, pepper, red pepper, mustard seeds, turmeric, asafoetida, olive oil)
- 3/4 cup Reduced Fat Bisquick Mix
- 1 1/2 cups Milk (I used 2% and a splash of whole milk)
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheese - play around with what flavors your family likes
(Cheddar, Pepper Jack, Monterrey Jack, Mozzarella, Mexican Blends)
- 3 eggs
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups diced, cooked vegetables. Today I added: carrots, cauliflower and asparagus. I've also made this with green beans, black olives, mushrooms, peppers and onions, zucchini - use whatever you like and have on hand!
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Try Italian Herbs, Cumin, Paprika - the big kids and little kids will love the extra flavor!
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Spray Glass Baking Dish with Pam (square or 9" pie plate)
3. Mix together bisquick, milk and eggs
4. Add in cheese and vegetables and stir together
5. Add in any seasonings you like. **Since my veggies were already cooked and seasoned, I only added salt and pepper.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes
If you went the Italian route - serve with warm marinara sauce and a salad
If you went the Mexican route - serve with salsa, sour cream, avocado, cilantro-lime rice
or Enjoy on it's own with a little hot sauce
This warms up great the next day.
Happy Cooking and Happy Styling! Because kids eat with their eyes first too!