Pin me!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Celebratory Cake Pops!

Cake Pops are the latest and greatest trend and the perfect sweet treat for any kind of celebration!  I made these candy coated treats for our friend's cocktail party last night. 

We had a great time meeting new people, enjoyed fun finger food and the view from their place was stunning! 

There are hundreds of recipes for cake pops and even more ways to decorate and style them.  Here's what I chose . . .



This is my foolproof method slightly adapted from Bakerella. . . You should definitely experiment with your favorite flavors and combinations.  There's no right or wrong when it comes to this sugary confection!

Ingredients:

  • 1 box cake mix or your own from scratch recipe (cook as directed on box for 9 X 13 cake)
  • 1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.).  I made my own, using this recipe
  • 1 container of chocolate candy coating/candy melts (I use the kind for chocolate covered strawberries)
  • Sprinkles, sanding sugar, mini candies
  • wax paper
  • lollipop sticks
Directions:

1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
 
2. Mix thoroughly with 16oz  frosting. I did this in a mixer - it gets super messy if you use your hands!
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on wax paper. You should get around 50.
4. Insert lillipop stick and chill for several hours.  I have made these a few times and I suggest putting them in the freezer for 30 minutes vs. the fridge.
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm.  Do a few at a time so that they stay cold!
7. Cover with sprinkles, sanding sugar, mini candies - whatever your heart desires!
8. Set on wax paper until the chocolate hardens.
9. Optional: Decorate the sticks with ribbon or bows for an extra deliciously stylish look!



Happy Cooking and Happy Styling!
H

No comments:

Post a Comment