Betty Crocker to the rescue! 5 ingredients plus garnish and took less than 5 minutes to put together.
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, well drained (I had an 8 oz. can on hand and used the whole thing - it wasn't too much at all. In fact, I think 4.5 oz would not give enough of that chile flavor)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro (I omitted this)
- 3/4 cup Original Bisquick® mix (Reduced fat worked out well)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2% and it was still fluffy and great)
- 3 eggs
- Scallions for garnish
- Reduced Fat Sour Cream for garnish
- Your favorite Salsa
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle chilies, cheese and
cilantroin pie plate.
- Stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, salsa and chopped scallions or chives.
Happy Cooking and Happy Styling!