Pin me!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Quesidilla Pie

I promised Aditya a new dish for dinner and the day got away from me, as it often does!  The original name of the recipe is Impossibly Easy Quesdilla Pie and it certainly lives up to its name.

Betty Crocker to the rescue!  5 ingredients plus garnish and took less than 5 minutes to put together.




Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.  My notes in orange.

Ingredients:
  • 1 can (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, well drained (I had an 8 oz. can on hand and used the whole thing - it wasn't too much at all.  In fact, I think 4.5 oz would not give enough of that chile flavor)
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro (I omitted this)
  • 3/4 cup Original Bisquick® mix (Reduced fat worked out well)
  • 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2% and it was still fluffy and great)
  • 3 eggs
  • Scallions for garnish
  • Reduced Fat Sour Cream for garnish
  • Your favorite Salsa
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle chilies, cheese and cilantro in pie plate.
  2. Stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.
  3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
  4. Garnish with sour cream, salsa and chopped scallions or chives.
  5.  



Happy Cooking and Happy Styling!

No comments:

Post a Comment