Pin me!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mini Cheesecake Cups

As most of you know, I'm a big fan of playing "Would you Rather". . . in a dessert verion of  the game. . . I always end up choosing Cheesecake as the one dessert i'd eat for the rest of my life over any other!


Here's a little recipe for mini cheesecakes using nilla wafers for the crust.   I'm a sucker for mini-desserts. . . these are quick and easy and look super cute on a tray.  They can be topped with fruit or chocolate you love. . . you really can't go wrong!

Recipe adapted from cooks.com (my additions in pink!)

Ingredients:
  • 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened (I use the low fat version)
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tseaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • Nabisco Nilla wafers
  • Cherry pie topping (any other canned fruit topping you'd like)
  • Fresh Fruit for topping
  • Chopped Chocolate for topping
  • Optional - Powdered sugar to sprinkle on top
Top with anything that sounds good!  I used cherry pie filling on 1/2 and chocolate chips on the other 1/2
Directions:

Beat all wet ingredients well until smooth. Put a Nabisco Nilla wafer in each cupcake baking cup. Makes 18-20 individual cheesecakes. Fill cupcake baking cup about 2/3 full with cream cheese mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 17 minutes. Top each individual cheesecake with a spoonful of cherry pie topping or any other fruit when cool.  Thara's tip: store the cheesecakes in the muffin tin inside the fridge so that they set up and are sturdy!


Happy Cooking and Happy Styling!

No comments:

Post a Comment